Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Sitting in an Irish pub in Florence, listening to Le Tigre, trying to read The Golden Bowl and admiring the shapes of my 'g's in my handwriting. People I have met in hostels have said how they discovered writing while travelling, not writing about events, but but their emotions, and I wanted to say 'what a wank', But perhaps I am missing out. Why shouldn't I write about my feelings? Am a bit pissed now to start. Am also keen to meet a spunky boy. Really still miss my ex, and wonder how long it will continue... Want to feel everything and nothing, until then...

*Is my writing too mannered à la Helen Fielding? Am feeling maudlin and enjoying it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa! Stop that! I'm glad Spalice is heading over to knock some sense into you regarding certain matters.
And no your writing is not that of Helen Fielding's. Two German professors and their 1's can't be wrong!
To be honest though I can't really imagine that much in your handwriting is admirable. Maybe you've developed your style.
PS Despite being on diet food, the Noopey is now the size of a beagle.
Cheer up Amo.

11/09/2005 10:27 PM  
Blogger Guy said...

Speaking of admiring handwriting, do you remember that lecture on the "death drive" (or whatever) we went to (half way through which we turn to each other and ask "do you know what the death drive is?")... Well that academic person, Teresa de Laurentis, is actually REALLY influential and, like, invented queer theory (sort of). So there you go.

And no, the writing's not too mannered. KEep it coming...

11/10/2005 4:39 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

I believe I may know exactly what you're describing. As you well know, I use writing to wallow in maudlinness. Other tips I can offer include:

* 80s music (currently am listening to "Don't You Forget About Me" by Simple Minds)

I did want to write a post about how the Gwen Stefani single "Cool" harks back to the 'emo 80s', rather than the detached synthesised 80s that most people think of.

* When the can of spaghetti says "Extra cheesy", never believe 'em! It tastes about 1000% better if you add more cheese.

Actually, "Add more cheese" could be a motto of mine, when I'm not despising myself for being a jester figure.

11/11/2005 2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home