Monday, August 29, 2005

Something weird happened today. Well actually surprisingly a few weird things have been happening in my life now I am a total freak who doesn't talk to ANYBODY for days at a time. Onto todays weird thing.
Was walking to the PC pool near uni, as part of my new study regime, when I meet the eyes of a woman I vaguely recognise from one of my classes. I smile, she smiles back, weird thing number one, normally people who have classes together here don't deign to recognise each other outside of those classses, let alone a whole month after classes have finished. Then she actually speaks to me!!!!
...
(I'll give you all a minute to get over the shock)
...
She remembers that I come from Australia and am therefore an Englisch Mutter Spracherin. She wants me to look over her final paper, and correct the English bits. I am so surprised I say yes so we go to a cafe, she buys me a coke, and I look over the parts of her essay which are in English. (The whole thing must have been about 200 pages, which I had a heart attack over thinking I would be there all day, but luckily was only about 2 pages in total. The German system is really evil).
Anyway it is mostly fine, I give her a couple of suggestions and then we chat for a bit while we wait for the waitress.
Germans are weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home