Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I have to steal Stewgad's analogy of the Mind Puppy today (well any day really). I started work on essay before 3pm which is a major world record, I never work during the day. This was interspersed with calling of hostel in Copenhagen to book a bed there for end of August. Then I deleted a few sentences which were clearly bullshit. Then I edited my To Do list, which strangely does not include 3 essays. Then I typed in a quote. Then my nail file caught my eye so I did a little filing, completely unnecessary since it catches my eye almost every time I am at my desk, so my nails are the smoothest things you have ever seen. Then I typed a sentence about Vorticism which I needed to reference out of one of my books. On reaching over to pile of books encountered box of face masks which my housemate gave me before she left for Canada. Perfect! Went into bathroom to apply said face mask. Came back and actually typed page no. into paragraph. Thought of Mind Puppy analogy and searched through archives to find it. Thought briefly about including a discussion in essay about how the feminine could ever really be privileged, or if it is irretrievably discredited and dismissed. Typed this post. Next up; examining face in mirror for possible blemishes.
Ahhh...this is the life.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Hmmm...just realised this post makes me sound like a primping beauty queen. It's just that when I am meant to be studying I don't allow myself to embark on anything major, cos I know it'll be too distracting, but I allow myself little thing. I realise that lots of little things add up to big, but shut up! I spared you from plucking details didn't I?

8/17/2005 4:21 PM  
Blogger Guy said...

Ha ha ha ha. I actually witnessed you doing a lot of filing in my small time in Berlin.

8/20/2005 7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home