Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Ok, because I cannot help myself, and am able to be distracted after every sentence I write, I will now post some photos from out recent trip to Romania. They are just from my Dad's phone, but I put my disposable camera in for developing today, so if there are any good ones on that I will scan them in.


Some random tram, no idea where or what it is, one for Guy.


I took this one for Nick and Lachie, it is the architecture faculty at the University of Romania, or maybe the University if Bucharest, I have no idea. Anyway, it looked really cool at the time, now it just looks like a boring building.


This is a view from the Palace of Parliament. The building itself was originally called House of the People and was commissioned by Ceausescu. It is the second biggest building in the world and a masterpiece of fascist architecture, along with this boulevade which is longer than the Champs Elysees, the construction of which meant a whole suburb had to be destroyed. In the first two years of construction (before Ceausescu was killed), it cost 40% of the entire country's GDP.

1 Comments:

Blogger Guy said...

Tram!

8/20/2005 7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home