Friday, August 26, 2005

Finally decided to post these photos of Dad and my recent trip to Thessaloniki. It is in northern Greece, a port right on the Aegean Sea.It was very hot, we drank plenty of Ouzo, and ate lots of fish (something you are better not to do in both Berlin and Bucharest). We also played pot luck trying to decipher Greek, not something I was particularly good at, "we had that round one in maths, what was that?" We spent the Saturday wandering round taking in the 'sights' (old ruins of buildings and former wall, Greeks not so good with the signage). We wanted to take a day trip to an island on Sunday, but unfortunately it was a Greek long weekend so everything was booked out. However, because I was determined to try out my new bathers we took a local bus to a beach about an hour away. We hired a beach umbrella and two sunchairs so I felt just like a real German tourist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home