Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Finished Harry Potter 6 last night. It finally arrived in the mail, and it was the normal bullshit of having to go to the post office and collect it...because the shitty hausmeister always takes my name down from the doorbell...so the post people don't know which bell to ring...and then they have to put a note in the letter box...and I have to wait in a massive queue to collect my parcels...
Anyway, it was pretty shit, Harry Potter that is, I guessed who died pretty early on, the half-blood prince was a load of crap, and unless Snape does something pretty bloody fantastic in the last book it will all be arse.
As you can tell I am feeling particularly cheery today, maybe it is not all Harry's fault. Not sure if it is a combination of everything ending here, the massive essays I have to write, the fact I did something utterly stupid yesterday, or the weather, but blah.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pray tell, what was this act of stupidity?

7/28/2005 4:41 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Not on here. Meanwhile what time do you get to work these days, I have been waiting up for you...

7/28/2005 12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really, you didn't like Harry no. 6? I denied the reality of a certain characters death until said person's funeral. I kept thinking, surely this is all some sort of ruse. It's not real. And even though Snape looks like a fairly nasty piece of work, Minnerva's comment that Dumbledore always hinted that he had a watertight reason for trusting him promised that there would be a damm good reason. The reason given was tripe. I'm waiting for the real reason in no. 7. Yeah, and the whole half blood price thing was fairly crap - I guessed too.

8/03/2005 1:31 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Hey Sars, you finally commented!!!
Yeah, the book was disappointing, esp. as for me it was all about setting up the last one. It was a poor excuse for a half book. My personal prediction is that snape killed the certain person for the sake of maintaining his cover and it was all for the cause blah blah blah and snape will be the real hero in the end. But maybe that's too formulatic. (sp?)

8/03/2005 1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home