Wednesday, April 13, 2005

This week has been full of interesting experiences with the German higher education system. I went to a class on Monday, and all the students turned up but not the lecturer, fine. Then yesterday I went to a class with only four students, it will normally be held in English but it was the introductory class so all German, and me nodding and smiling (hopefully in the right places), anyway I think it might not run due to lack of interest. Today I went to another class, where there was both students and a teacher, but the teacher didn't now what the assessment was and to finish my degree this semester I need to get credit, so that might not be a starter either. And then after waiting 'round for an hour, there was a repeat of Monday, with many students/no lecturer. Although on the plus side I spoke with another student in German (very briefly). Tomorrow there is more trial and error, although I think things start in earnest next week so maybe I will be able to sort some stuff out then and finally organise my semester!
[sigh]
After that whinge, tonight I am going to see Le Tigre! The support are called "Lesbians on Ecstasy" so they should be fun also, and there is always more cheap beer to drink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home