Friday, April 08, 2005

Oh shit! It seems to be happening again, another blog fading to death through neglect. But never mind I have resolved to buy a cord for home and then internet for me! Today was the last day of my intensive German course thank god, I thought I was going to have to kill someone by the end, probably the teacher. Who for some inexplicable reason hated me and never answered my questions and if I went out of the room to the toilet he would hand out the worksheets (yes worksheets people!) and not have one for me. Anyway I have finished now and got credits and grade (good, although the final exam was a bit of a schmozel) so now will only have 4 hours per week and is free!
I haven't really got into the Berlin 'szene' yet, what with having to be in class every day at 9am and so forth have mostly been sleeping. Went to a cabaret (sp.?) last night with my class and it was abysmal. It was meant to be erotic but was mainly an excuse to have young goodlooking people wearing skimpy amounts of clothing and pouting. In the last act they brought a bath out on stage and all the young cast members jumped in and out and splashed the audience, but luckily we were in the cheap seats! Very cheap as we refused to buy any alcohol much to the waitress' chagrin.
My semester starts next week but not sure which classes I will take, there is no centralised system here, you just turn up to class and at the end you hand in an essay, for which you receive a 'schein' (piece of paper with a mark on it) if you are German you hang onto all the bits of paper until you have earned enough to sit an exam and then you have to take them to some special office and register to sit the exam. Then you do this again in the upper level until you have your degree, it seems like a nightmare system with no-one knowing what they are doing and no faculty cooperation with either students or other faculties. As you can imagine this freaked me out a bit but it seems with exchange students you can just tell the lecturer who you are at the start and go to pretty much everything.
Ok 30min computer lab time is pretty much up, I have just got the 5min warning.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, Amo's back.
You can't give up on this one yet, it's meant to be filled with hilarious type adventures from the crazy streets of Berlin.
Is quite a cool picture, is that outside your house, or just the only one you managed to get in focus?
Anyway, have not much to say, apart from the Berlin system of graduating sounds about on par with the fucking system Melb Uni has going at the moment, am currently embroiled with Faculty of Arts regarding "rescinding credit" for Commerce subjects??!!??!!
Write more soon Amo!!
Love Charley

4/11/2005 1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. It looks good, it has a good name and is an excellent excuse for procrastination. Keep up with the blog Ames or I'm going to come over the border and kick your bips (that's butt. not sure if this word is the same in German as in Dutch but figured it was a good shot).

4/12/2005 3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home