Friday, March 25, 2005

Hmmm...so post number one.

Ok, not sure what this is going to look like because all the blogger instructions (well most of them) are in German.
I am still reduced to sitting in internet points at the moment because I need someone to help me configure(?) my computer at my new place and my housemate is away for the weekend. Actually today I am at the scene of a near breakdown a few days ago. My parents had scanned my centrelink forms which I need to prove I have money so I can get a student residence visa, and so I thought Bob's your uncle, I'll just pop down to the internet centre and print them out, hahaha!
There were some issues with the printing which I didn't understand, them being in German and all, so I asked the unfriendliest, unEnglishspeakingest, woman in Berlin. Well, when I say asked I mean more sort of gestured and mimed. Anyway she didn't know, so I thought I would go to the print centre near the university, but no you can't open yahoo attachments there. So then I go into the actual uni computing room but because I haven't enrolled properly there yet, I can't use the computers that print. So I ask the man for help and apparently in the whole computing room only a couple are hooked up to the internet, and only one of those prints! So he makes a big deal about me only using it really quickly blah, blah, but even now you can't open the yahoo attachment, and then he starts abusing me because I don't have a print card anyway (which it turns out I did in the end) so instead of assaulting him with mouse I decided that the visa was not getting organised that day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy I can't believe that the whole time you were sitting in internet cafes you were doing the blog instead of emailing people. I ADMIT, that the blog is actually a useful tool for a traveller keeping the people up to date at home BUT I think that some actual sent emails would be nice too.

Meanwhile now that I've got the link maybe its not such a big deal.

this is a maid speaking.....

4/13/2005 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home