Saturday, May 14, 2005

I am feeling very virtuous today, even though I have achieved only one of my many goals. Namely going to the supermarket. It is still for me a bit of a mission heading into the supermarket. First I have to sort out my bottles and work out which I can take back for money. And then once I get there I have to feed them all into a machine which prints out a reciept which I cash at the register. Then I have to wander the asiles looking out for which brands I have already tried and know to be either good or shit. And then I have to lament over the poor selection of juice. When you actually get to the register is the actual nerve racking bit. They don't put your groceries in bags here, you have to either bring them yourself or buy them, and either way you have to pack them yourself. Now I totally agree with this but it is scary when you have the stern Frau whizzing your stuff over the scanner and shoving it into the loading area while you struggle to pack it all into your bag and pay at the same time. So far I have not one time been able to keep up with the pace and always there is someone elses groceries raining down on you and both them and the checkout frau are giving you greasys as if it is all a cunning plan to end up with an extra onion or something.
Anyway clearly I survived to tell the tale and I now have food at hoe which is a small miracle. And juice! They don't believe in juice here like we do.

Things I didn't achieve:
Haircut
Purchase of new bike lock (cos someone lost mine)
Purchase of TV remote control (So I can watch my housmates tv by putting in the code which he hasn't for more than 2 months)
Emailing people who, probably and I would almost say definitely, don't love me anymore
Reading of book which it took me almost two weeks to work out how to borrow for the library
Beating the shit out of this computer because it is so slow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home