Monday, April 18, 2005

Nothing at this university is easy. The day started off well, I had a great lecture and the lecturer knew what the assessment was for the subject and for Erasmus students (which I am not but I fall into the same category). Then I had a few hours to kill so I thought I would check out the reader situation. Now I already knew that there are no pre-copied readers, some you can order, and others you have to copy yourself. But today I discovered that there are at least two copy-shops which hold the master copies of the readers, so you can't make a clean sweep. And some readers aren't in the copy shops you have to go to the Americanistik/Anglistik Bibliothek and borrow them to copy. There also happens to be a copier outside the library, but you need to buy card first. So I ask the young man who is already attempting to use the machine where I can get a card from. After some miming I realise it is in a completely different building at least 10 minutes walk away. Imagine. So I trek over to where I think the man has described (incidentally the law building) and sure enough there is a man sitting in a little booth with a sign saying Kopie Karten 5.5 Euro, so I try to ask how many copies I can get and I think he said 95 but by this time I was over the whole idea, so I haven't started on any reading for my course yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home